Your charitable, tax-deductible GIFTS and INVESTMENTS make a difference. From the first time homebuyer, to the child whose life is improved by having a home, to the senior citizen who has a safe place to live, your support helps to transform lives and build strong communities.
Ways to Give
- Donate - Online Donation Form
- Donate - Mail Donation Form
- Donate - Memorial and Honor Gift Donation Form
- Stock Transfer - Stock Transfer Form
- Pledge - Pledge Form
- Matching Gifts - Contact Us
- Gifts In Kind - Contact Us
- Gifts of Real Estate - Contact Us
- Socially Responsible Investing - Our revolving loan fund is created with investments from financial institutions, foundations, religious institutions, government entities, businesses, and individuals. LHT seeks investments, which provide a below-market rate of return to the investor.
- Financial Return on Investment - Investing in LHT provides a positive social impact on our local community while offering investors a financial return on their investment. All investments have a below-market return of 2%, require a minimum investment of $25,000, and have a minimum term of five years.
- Invest Today - For more information on how to make an investment, please return completed Investment Form or contact Michelle Mapp, Executive Director at 843-973-3596.
- Federal Tax Benefit - Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowed by IRS regulations. If you have specific tax questions, we advise you to consult your personal financial or legal advisor.
- 33% State Tax Benefit - All contributions and investments to the Lowcountry Housing Trust qualify for the S.C. Community Development Tax Credit. For more information, consult your financial advisor and review S.C. S.C. Schedule 14.
LHT Financial Operations
- The Lowcountry Housing Trust is a 501(c)3 non-profit community development finance organization whose annual operating budget is supported through a variety of government grants, contributions from foundations, corporations, and individual donations, as well as interest income earned from our lending activities.
- Our fiscal year is January 1st through December 31st.
Thank you for supporting the Lowcountry Housing Trust!